NASCAR star Jimmie Johnson said he will be back on the track this weekend after testing positive for the coronavirus last week.
Hendrick Motorsports announced on Wednesday that Johnson, who tested positive for COVID-19 last Friday and missed Sunday's Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 in Indianapolis, received full medical clearance.
"My family is so grateful for the incredible love and support we've received over the last several days," the seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion said. "I especially want to thank Justin Allgaier for stepping in for me at Indy and being a true pro. I'm excited about getting back to business with my team this weekend."
Johnson announced his return via Twitter in a rap video from his raceday spotter.
Johnson will drive his No. 48 Chevrolet in Sunday's Cup race at Kentucky Speedway.
The Indy event was the first Cup race that Johnson had missed in his decorated career, which began in 2002.
Johnson dropped three spots in the playoff standings -- 12th to 15th -- by missing the race.
--Field Level Media