Worldwide sales of pressure ulcer relief products have reached US$ 5.3 billion, with the market expected to exceed US$ 6.7 billion by the end of 2026. This is due to the fact that the global pressure ulcer relief products market is expected to grow rapidly at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The medical equipment and supplies industry includes the pressure ulcer relief products market. Pressure ulcers, also known as bedsores or pressure sores, are skin and underlying tissue injuries caused by prolonged skin pressure. These injuries can be excruciatingly painful, and if untreated, they can lead to serious infections and even death.
The market for pressure ulcer relief products includes a diverse range of products designed to prevent, treat, and manage pressure ulcers. Mattresses, cushions, overlays, dressings, and other devices that relieve pressure on the skin and promote healing are examples of these products. An ageing population, an increase in the number of immobile patients, and an increase in the number of chronic diseases are driving the growth of the pressure ulcer relief products market. However, the high costs associated with these products, as well as a lack of reimbursement in some regions, may stymie market growth.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7625
Key Takeaways from Pressure Ulcer Relief Products Market Study
- Currently, the global pressure ulcer relief products market enjoys a valuation of US$ 5.3 billion.
- The pressure ulcer relief products market is slated to expand at 6.1% CAGR from 2022 to 2026.
- By 2026, sales of pressure ulcer relief products are expected to reach US$ 6.7 billion in value.
- Rising geriatric population, growing incidence of diabetes, increasing obesity among individuals, rising rate of hospitalizations, and increasing investments in healthcare R&D are expected to propel pressure ulcer relief product sales over the coming years.
- High costs of pressure ulcer relief products and lack of favorable reimbursement policies are anticipated to have a restraining effect on market expansion.
- The U.S. pressure ulcer relief products market stands at US$ 1.5 billion.
- The pressure ulcer relief products market in China is anticipated to reach US$ 600 million by 2026.
Future Scope of Pressure Ulcer Relief Products Market
The future scope of the pressure ulcer relief products market looks promising as the demand for these products is expected to increase due to the growing elderly population and a rise in the number of chronic diseases. Advances in technology have led to the development of new and innovative products that offer better relief to patients, thereby driving the growth of the market. For instance, the development of pressure relief cushions and mattresses that use air or water to distribute pressure more evenly can improve patient comfort and reduce the risk of pressure ulcers.
Moreover, increasing awareness among healthcare professionals about the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers is likely to drive the growth of the market. The use of evidence-based practices and guidelines for the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers is becoming more widespread, which is likely to increase the demand for pressure ulcer relief products. Additionally, the availability of government funding and reimbursement policies for these products in some regions can further drive the growth of the market in the future. Overall, the pressure ulcer relief products market is expected to continue growing in the coming years, with a focus on developing more advanced and effective products to meet the needs of patients
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=7625
It is anticipated that major manufacturers of pressure ulcer alleviation items would concentrate on developing new products that incorporate cutting-edge technology.
- In August 2022, 3M, a leading name in the healthcare industry, announced new upgrades for its wound care technologies. The new 3M Veraflow Cleans Choice Complete dressing kit is expected to further simplify the care delivery process for caregivers. The company also launched a new software update for its 3M VAC Ultra therapy unit.
Key Companies Profiled
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Paramount Bed Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Ltd (Sidhil Limited)
- DJO Global
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Stryker Corp.
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- Breg Inc.
- Advanced Orthopaedics